Sunday, December 19, 2021

On the Road Again

 Our next stop was Honah Lee Vineyard in Gordonsville, VA. As we are finding, everything takes longer than expected. We were going to do a painting at the Alpaca farm but decided to move on. Thank God we left! It took us 5 hours to get here and we arrived just as the sun was setting.We drove through some great scenery to get here. I always wanted to see the backroads! Glenn would have loved it! Now we had water and electricity but no internet. I didn’t mind, I was really tired and passed out around 7pm. I couldn’t keep my eyes open!



The next morning we took our first shower in the rv. It felt so good even though it went from hot to cold to hot again! We are truly roughing it! We decided we needed provisions. The locals said there was a Walmart down the road. A half hour later we found it. Christine went shopping while I waited in the car with Darla. After what seemed like an eternity Christine came back. She said it was one of the largest stores she had ever seen! People had there carriages loaded, probably cause it was the only store around, so it took a long time. When we got back and unpacked our stuff, we took a walk with Darla through the sleepy vineyard. It was good to use my legs! Figuring we deserved a little treat after our walk, we headed for the tasting room. I bought a nice bottle of Chardonnay and Christine got a delicious Sangria slushy. We had nice conversation with the owner who was a retired police officer and a very large man. I would’ve hated to be pulled over by him! But he was really nice and told us what was around there. Since it was a little warmer down here, we enjoyed our wine outside to scan the hillside and sunset. It is starting to feel almost normal to retire in the rv. My job tonight was to figure out how to upload our videos for our documentary. Fortunately, I have a patient teacher and finally figured it out.  Now we just have to remember to take the videos!!!







w

2 comments: