Saturday, January 15, 2022

Amelia Island

 Feeling melancholy knowing we are leaving Amelia Island tomorrow. We have been here two weeks and the weather has been amazing!  Knowing that at home they are in a deep freeze helps us to appreciate things more here. I have been getting up every morning for the sunrise and enjoying a two mile walk taking pictures and hunting for treasures on the beach. What a great way to begin the day! Christine can’t seem to manage the early hours. I almost got her for one!


We have really unwound from the RV days. The day after picking up my truck, we went out to do a painting. We finally got to paint Amelia Light. The tide and the light was perfect! We were meeting everyone here! People were so nice! Later we met up with Christine’s friends Dianne and Brian who came up from Naples and had a nice meal.



We met this lovely lady Erma who actually knew a friend of mine. She tried to get a workshop going here,  but couldn’t get it going on such short notice. She invited us to her beautiful home and offered us wine and a cheese tray. The next day we invited her to paint with us. She ended up buying a painting from the both of us! We met a lot of lovely people here. One gentleman actually gave me a handful of shark teeth he had just found! We even saw someone who looked exactly like Glenn!



We really loved it here. It was so quiet and peaceful. We actually got another week at our comfy cottage. A stark difference from being here last year. Last year was so filled with tears and overwhelming grief. This year we were really trying to move on from it. By the end of our visit we believe we made some progress. After seeing a fire in New York , I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself. I did the best I could have with  taking care of Glenn, and I don’t believe he would want me sad for so long. I truly felt like a weight was taken off my shoulders. The last night’s beautiful sky nature presented us made it feel like I was right. Notice the heart over Christine’s head! A sure sign from Rick!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your photos, paintings, and words from your two weeks at Amelia Island. It’s such an alluring, peaceful place. I could feel the calmness of its beauty. I hope to visit there again very soon. Looking forward to your next adventure! ❤️~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenn would certainly want you to be happy. Morning walks on the beach are the best. Sets the tone for the day. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete